Prisco’s Fine Foods
“We had felt that we were running out of options. But with the help of the American Management Services team, we have taken important steps to turn things around.”
It is always a pleasure to be able to recommend quality service and that is what we at Prisco Fine Foods received from your team of senior consultants, Moe Aubuchon and the group manager, Herb Bachelder.
Over recent years our company has struggled with sales and profitability issues. We had felt that we were running out of options. But with the help of the American Management Services team, we have taken important steps to turn things around. We have:
- Established and implemented purchase budgets which have dramatically enhanced our week to week cash flow and significantly improved our inventory position.
- Defined realistic compensation levels for key positions so that we now are able to separate management and ownership compensation issues and operate our departments on par with our competitors.
- Defined a critical Store Manager position and worked closely to train the incumbent to be a major contributor to our success.
- Assist us to develop and implement a transition program for our current Meat Manager who is also a family member and desperately seeking to retire.
- Focused our marketing and merchandising to recognize the important role pricing plays for us and how we need to position ourselves in face of significant competitive pressures.
- Revitalized our advertising/circular program, resulting in significant savings in direct advertising costs as well as establishing a more focused and profitable promotional program for our store.
- Developed a pay-for-performance system which will focus the attention of our employees on achievements that benefit our organization and reward them accordingly.
- Set clear goals for revenue ($5.6 million) and pretax profit with our Predetermined Profit Plan ($236k).
Assuming that our personnel continue to implement the programs, we expect the work described above to yield incremental operating profit to our company of more than $600 thousand over the next three years, a benefit that far exceeds the cost of the program. AMS has met and exceeded our expectations, and I will be happy to recommend the services of your firm and your consulting team to any prospective client.
Robert Prisco, President
Prisco’s Fine Foods
1108 Prairie Street
Aurora, IL 60506